College Fairs Online Annual $1,000 Scholarship Rules
1. HOW TO ENTER: There are 6 easy requirements for entering this scholarship program.
A. Register on the College Fairs Online website (http://www.collegefairsonline.com).
B. Additionally, applicants must login and participate in at least one College Fairs Online virtual fair. Participation requires asking at least 2 colleges questions and filling out 2 information request forms during the fair. The more you do the more times you are entered to win.
C. Follow us on Facebook and share and like the scholarship post on our Facebook page.
D. Follow us on twitter and share and like the scholarship post on our twitter page.
E. Post an original motivational quote about your future at College Fairs Online Facebook page as well as College Fairs Online twitter page using the hashtag #gotocollege. Make sure it is posted and tweeted to College Fairs Online’s Facebook and twitter pages.
F. Fill out the short application at the bottom of the page and make sure all of the above requirements are met by May 20th and the winner will be picked and notified by June 1st. All Applications become the property of College Fairs Online and will not be returned. College Fairs Online assumes no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected, or unintelligible entries. By applying to this scholarship program, you fully and unconditionally accept and agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of College Fairs Online, which are final and binding.
A. The College Fairs Online yearly $1,000 Scholarship is open to both U.S. and non-U.S. students. Applicants must enroll no later than the fall following their high school graduation in an accredited post-secondary institution of higher learning. Applicants are eligible to win only if they follow the 6 easy steps listed above.
3. SELECTION OF WINNERS: College Fairs Online is looking for eligible Applicants who follow directions and submit applications that meet the qualifying criteria. On or about the 1st day of June, one (1) potential winner based on the eligibility criteria will be selected via random draw. The potential winner will be notified by e-mail, at which time he/she will be required to sign further documentation as explained below. College Fairs Online will have no liability for any potential winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by the potential winner for any reason. There must be at least 100 completed applications to choose from each year or no scholarship will be given.
4. PRIZE AMOUNT: One (1) winner will receive a Scholarship Prize in the amount of one thousand dollars and zero cents USD ($1,000.00). The Scholarship Prize will be in the form of a check made payable to the accredited post-secondary institution of higher education attended by the Scholarship Prize Recipient (once the Scholarship Prize Recipient has enrolled in an accredited post-secondary institution of higher education and submitted proof of enrollment to College Fairs Online). Scholarship Prize Recipient must submit proof of enrollment on or before 9/1 of the year they graduate high school. Scholarship Prizes may not be assigned, transferred, or changed, except at the sole discretion of College Fairs Online. No cash equivalent prizes will be awarded. The awarding of any Scholarship Prize is contingent upon full compliance with these Official Rules. Applicants agree to be bound by Official Rules and agree that if any Scholarship Prize Recipient fails to provide proof of identity, refuses to provide required affidavit, refuses to complete and provide any requested tax forms (including IRS W-9 form, if applicable), is found to have violated the Official Rules or otherwise does not meet eligibility criteria, Scholarship Prize will be forfeited and College Fairs Online reserves the right, at its discretion to select an alternate potential Scholarship Prize Recipient. Applicants understand that College Fairs Online is not liable for injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising from participation in this Scholarship Program and acceptance, possession and use of Scholarship Prize. College Fairs Online is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Scholarship Program or in the announcement of the Scholarship Prize. Taxes on prizes are sole responsibility of Scholarship Prize Recipients. Scholarship Prize Recipients will be issued 1099 tax forms.
5. PRIVACY: By submitting an Application, you acknowledge that College Fairs Online and its related companies and represented colleges may also call and/or send you information it thinks may be of interest to you.
6. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, by accepting a Scholarship Prize, the Scholarship Prize Recipient agrees that College Fairs Online may, without any limitation or further compensation or notice, use his or her name, voice and/or likeness in any and all media, worldwide, for the purpose of advertising and promoting the Website, College Fairs Online, the Scholarship Program, or any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes sponsored by College Fairs Online.
7. OWNERSHIP: By submitting an Application, you acknowledge and agree that: (a) College Fairs Online will own your submission, and (b) as between you and College Fairs Online will own all publishing rights in and to the submission. Each Applicant hereby irrevocably grants, transfers, sells, assigns and conveys to College Fairs Online, its successors and assigns, all present and future right, title and interest of every kind and nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, all copyrights, and all rights incidental, subsidiary, ancillary or allied thereto (including, without limitation, all derivative rights) in and to the submission(s) for exploitation throughout the universe, in perpetuity, by means of any and all media and devices whether now known or hereafter devised (the “Rights”). College Fairs Online shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to edit, composite, morph, scan, duplicate, or alter, the submission(s) for any purpose which College Fairs Online deems necessary or desirable, and each Applicant irrevocably waives any and all so-called moral rights they may have in the submission(s) submitted by him or her. Each Applicant hereby acknowledges that such Applicant does not reserve any rights in and to the submissions.
8. DISPUTE RESOLUTION: Except where prohibited, by participating, Applicant agrees that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participants and College Fairs Online and their agents shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction. Applicant agrees that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this Scholarship Program, or awarding of the prizes, shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in the State of Texas and Applicant hereby consents and submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. Except where prohibited, by participating in this Scholarship Program, Applicant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Scholarship Program, or awarding of the Scholarship Prizes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Scholarship Program but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any participant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
9. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES/INDEMNIFICATION: Each person who enters this Scholarship Program represents and warrants to College Fairs Online as follows: (i) the Application is the Applicant’s own original, previously unpublished, and previously unproduced work; (ii) the Application is wholly original with Applicant and as of the date of submission, is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim; (iii) the Application neither infringes upon nor violates the intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity; (iv) the Application does not and will not violate any applicable laws, and meets the Submission Requirements set forth above. Each Applicant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the College Fairs Online harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of Applicant hereunder.
10. FURTHER DOCUMENTATION: Except where prohibited, potential Scholarship Prize Recipients (or their parents or legal guardians if they are minors at the time of application) will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity/Liability Release, and Copyright Assignment within ten (10) days of notification or an alternate potential Scholarship Prize Recipient may be selected. If notification to a potential Scholarship Prize Recipient is returned as undeliverable, College Fairs Online reserves the right to select an alternate potential Scholarship Prize Recipient.
11. NO OBLIGATION: College Fairs Online shall have no obligation (express or implied) to use any winning Application, or to otherwise exploit a winning Application or continue the development, production, distribution or exploitation thereof, and College Fairs Online may at any time abandon the use of the winning Application for any reason, with or without legal justification or excuse, and the Scholarship Prize Recipients shall not be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason thereof.
12. GENERAL RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY: By entering the Scholarship Program, each Applicant acknowledges and agrees that College Fairs Online, its related companies, affiliates, and each such company’s respective employees, officers, directors and agents are not responsible for any costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising from or in connection with: (i) incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries or for failure to receive Applications due to any cause, including without limitation human, transmission, or technical problems, failures, or malfunctions of any kind, whether originating with sender, or otherwise, that may limit an Applicant’s ability to participate in the Scholarship Program; or (ii) any injury or damage resulting, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in the Scholarship Program and/or the use of any prize, including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, or any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages related to or based on the Applicant’s rights of publicity or privacy, or the Applicant’s claim that he or she has somehow been defamed or portrayed in a false light. College Fairs Online assumes no responsibility for any damage to an Applicant’s computer system which is occasioned by accessing the Website or participating in the Scholarship Program, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature, or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. This scholarship program is subject to all U. S. federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
13. SPONSOR’S RIGHT TO MODIFY, SUSPEND OR TERMINATE: In the event College Fairs Online is prevented from continuing with the Scholarship Program by any event beyond its reasonable control, then College Fairs Online shall have the right in its sole discretion to modify, suspend, or terminate the Scholarship Program. There must be at least 100 completed applications to choose from each year or no scholarship will be given.
14. GENERAL: College Fairs Online reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the application process or the operation of the Scholarship Program or the Website; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to submit a response dishonestly or inaccurately; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. If an Application is confirmed by College Fairs Online to have been erroneously deleted, lost or destroyed, the entrant’s sole remedy shall be another Application. College Fairs Online’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or of any other provision.
15. LISTING OF SCHOLARSHIP PRIZE RECIPIENT: The name of the Scholarship Prize Recipient of this Scholarship Program will be posted on College Fairs Online’s Website.
16. SPONSOR: The Scholarship Program is sponsored by College Fairs Online.
College Fairs Online
11602 CR 1320
Wolfforth, TX 79382